This experience is suitable for an individual, couples or small groups. It is available by private booking only. The timeframe is open, depending on your needs & preferences, but typically takes 1½ – 2 hours. It can be done in daytime or evening.
Before beginning your walk, you will have time with a Labyrinth Facilitator to discuss any or all of:
- history of labyrinths and context for their modern-day uses
- significance of different types of labyrinth patterns
- general orientation to walking a labyrinth
- any particular reasons or matters that have brought you to the labyrinth
- suggestions for particular activities or exercises to add meaning to your walk
You will be left to as much time as you wish for your walk, and whatever post-walk reflection period you would like. Afterwards the Labyrinth Facilitator will be at your disposal if you wish to share/discuss/explore your experience. This is often done with tea, by the fire-ball in the gathering area just outside the labyrinth.
Consider bringing a journal and pen to jot any reflections after your walk. Download the Forest Labyrinth Visitor Guide, which includes some suggestions for ways to enhance your walk.